You are hereSmall Groups
Small Groups for Adults
At Song of Life, we are part of a worldwide denomination (The United Methodist Church) that has its original roots in a movement launched within the Church of England in the 1700s. With emphases on both personal and social holiness, the Methodist movement - originally led by brothers John and Charles Wesley - emphasized the importance of small group gatherings for personal spiritual growth.
We believe strongly that small groups are a principal area where adults can grow in their love for God and neighbor, as well as in "living in faith everyday." Toward this end we seek to continually offer a variety of both ongoing and short-term small groups, all geared to help individuals of different ages to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Our current groups include:
- Trilogy Bible Study - This ongoing group meets Mondays at 7:00PM to study the Bible, following the suggested Scriptures of the Revised Common Lectioanry. For more information and location, contact leader Jerri Arnold.
- INSPIRE Bands - The INSPIRE network is an ecumenical ministry out of the United Kingdom that, drawing from the example of John Wesley, provides guidance to Christians who want to actively live out their faith in meaningful ways. Rev. Ron Bartlow will help to organize those interested in being part of INSPIRE bands beginning in January, 2013.
- Short-term Small Group(s) w/ Rev. Ron Bartlow - Ron regularly offers short-term small groups, Bible studies, leadership training, or discussion groups. Watch for information, or please contact Ron.
- Journey to the Common Good was a six week book study and discussion group that has evolved into being our new "Community Outreach Group." Check out this page for detailed information about this small group and the new opportunities it will present for helping guide our outreach ministries.
- Short-Term Disciple Bible Studies
The Disciple Bible Study series is an in-depth and thoughtful look at the Bible and Christian discipleship from various aspects. The full Disciple study engages people in such deep Biblical study and Chrsitian conversation that most participants come away with a sense of transformation and accomplishment. However, it is also a long-term commitment to finish the class.
Disciple now offers short-term alternatives to the 38+ week version. These shorter studies focus on a variety of Biblical books or themes, and allow for the same deep study and engagement. We will begin to offer some small groups focusing on these short-term studies as we move into our new building. Watch for more information.
For more information about Small Group locations, Song of Life members are encouraged to sign-in and then visit the "Small Group Location" tab in the Members-only section.