You are hereWhat We Believe
What We Believe
We believe that our faith is grounded in Scripture and our Christian tradition, but is also influenced by our Methodist heritage, experience of the Holy Spirit, and our God-given reason. With this in mind, the founding leaders and members of Song of Life identified five statements as the primary foundations for our understanding of Christian faith.
Although these statements can not encapsulate the fullness of our belief, our leaders have discerned these to be bedrock beliefs that are foundational to who we are and what we do.
At Song of Life UMC,
- We believe in God, revealed to us in Jesus Christ, and working in us through the Holy Spirit for our salvation.
- Relationships with God and others are at the heart of all we do as a church.
- Our preaching and teaching are grounded in Scripture, Christian tradition, experience, and reason.
- We are part of the Christian community, and we exist to help all become followers of Jesus.
- Everyone will be empowered through their individual gifts to be in ministry at Song of Life.
As a local congregation of The United Methodist Church, we adhere to both the contemporary practices and historical doctrine of the people called Methodist. (One of the key sources of theology and doctrine for The United Methodist Church remains the work of John Wesley, founder of the movement in the 1700s.) You can learn more about our denomination at our official website: www.umc.org.