Here’s what you need to know about our Easter Celebration!
Greetings Friends! We’re sorry this is getting out late this evening. Our Easter Vigil ran a little long because of some technical difficulties. The good news is, we have a recording of tonight’s service that you can still access if you missed the service or if, because of our technical difficulties, you weren’t able to participate in the entire thing. Here’s the link to the Easter Vigil Service: Easter Vigil
Tomorrow morning, starting at 6 am we will hold 3 – that’s right, 3 – Easter Sunday Celebrations:
- At 6:00 am, we will hold our Easter Sunrise Service in-person and outdoors on our patio and in our parking lot. The good news is, there is plenty of space available for this service, so if you didn’t get your reservation in, don’t worry: there will be space available for you to join us. You might want to bring your own communion elements, however, as we only made enough for those who made reservations plus a few more. For the 6:00 am service, we are also offering a Drive-in Church, which means you can share in worship from the comfort of your car by listening to the service on your car radio. When you arrive, if you want to be part of our Drive-in Church, drive straight through the north parking lot until you see the sandwich board with instructions for the Drive In Church.
- At 8:00 am, we will hold our Easter Online Service. This service can be accessed from the comfort of your home using our usual Live Church link, live.songoflifeumc.org. Please remember to prepare your communion elements ahead of time as we will be celebrating and receiving communion as part of this worship service.
- At 9:30 am we will hold our Easter Resurrection Service, also in-person and outdoors on our patio and in our parking lot. Drive-in “seating” is also available. If you did not make a reservation for this service, we will only be able to accommodate you if we have “no-shows” for the outdoor seating, although Drive-in seating may be a possibility.
- And finally, at 10:30 am, our children will enjoy an Easter Egg Hunt on the property. Please meet inside the Sanctuary where Ms. Erika will have some activity sheets to keep the little ones busy while they wait for the hunt to begin.
- Easter Sunrise Service (6:00 am) Bulletin
- Easter Online Service (8:00 am) Bulletin
- Easter Resurrection Service (9:30 am) Bulletin
Our usual “Meet and Greet” group will not be meeting tomorrow morning. Neither will the Koinonia/Bible Buddies Adult Study Group.
Our list of Weekly Zoom Groups will be published either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. If you are part of a group that meets regularly, please remember that the Zoom links are the same as last week, and the week before that, etc.
If you are attending either of our in-person services, here are a few tips you might want to consider:
- Tomorrow is going to be a warm day, especially by the 9:30 service. Please dress comfortably, bring water, wear sunscreen, and consider bringing/wearing a hat. If you are sensitive to the sun, you might also want to bring an umbrella to use as shade.
- Don’t forget to bring your own lawn or camping chairs, and wear a mask.
- If you haven’t already downloaded our Church Center App, you might want to do that before you come to worship to make your attendance registration and check-in’s quicker and easier. You can also accomplish other things as well through the app, such as giving and making future reservations.
- If you are planning on being part of our Drive-in Church, you’ll be informed what frequency to tune your radio to when you arrive for worship.
- We will not have paper bulletins available for this service, so if you would like to have a bulletin, you may either print one at home and bring it with you (we’ll also ask you to take it home with you when you leave) or download it to your personal tablet or phone. If you forget, you’ll be able to access the bulletin from our website.
- If you made a reservation, we will have communion elements for you. Remember, all are welcome at Christ’s table in our church, so all may participate in communion.
We are very excited – and a little nervous – about tomorrow’s worship services, so your prayers are greatly appreciated. We look forward to sharing this exciting time with you as we celebrate Christ’s Resurrection together as the body of Christ!
Your friends at Song of Life UMC