Update on Easter Sunday In-Person Worship
Reservations and Capacity: Drive-In Church Now Available
Greetings SoL friends!
We have some exciting news to share with you about our In-Person Worship Services on Easter Sunday! First, our 9:30 Easter Sunday Service was so popular, we reached and exceeded our capacity of 50 worshipers (including volunteers and worship leaders and their families) in no time at all. This tells me many of you are anxious to return to in-person worship, and are willing to do so in a safe and healthy way. We have filled all 50 spaces available in the patio/parking lot area and have 8+ people on our waiting list…and that was before we even opened the system up to the public! As a result we have made some adjustments and added “Drive-In” seating to both our 6:00 AM and 9:30 AM worship services on Easter Sunday.
The Drive-In congregation will join us from the comfort of their cars parked on the SW side of the parking and patio areas. They will hear the worship service through their car radios. If those in their cars wish to roll down their windows they may do so while wearing a mask.
We are also working with our seating plan on the patio/parking area – our “sit-in” congregation – to see if we can accommodate a few more families in that area as well.
So, here’s what you need to know:
- We have updated our Reservations system to include “Drive-In” as one of our Attendee Types. If you have not previously made a reservation for either service, you may go into the system using the links below or by going to our website to make your reservation.
- For the 6 AM service, please choose the appropriate Attendee Type. If you choose anything other than “Drive-In” we will assume you want to sit in the patio/parking area. We ask that you bring your own lawn or camping chairs, although if you don’t have portable seating, chairs will be provided for you. If you want to be part of our “Drive-In” church, please choose the attendee type “Drive-In” and we will include you as part of our Drive-In congregation.
- For the 9:30 AM service, your Attendee Type choices will be “Waiting List” or “Drive-In”. If you choose “Waiting List” we will assume you want to be part of our “Sit-In” congregation. At this time, we cannot guarantee you a space in our patio/parking lot area. We will be in contact with you about your options as we finalize our seating plan. If you choose “Drive-In” we will include you as part of our Drive-In congregation. We expect to be able to accommodate most if not all of those who want to join us for worship from the comfort of their cars.
- If you are currently on our Waiting List for the 9:30 service, we will contact you to determine your seating preference “Sit In or Drive In” and will do our best to accommodate your preference.
At this time, the positive COVID-19 cases in the area around the church remain very low, so it should not be necessary for us to cancel our In-Person Easter Services. YAY!!
Once again, our schedule for Easter is as follows:
- 6:00 am Easter Sunrise In-Person Outdoor Worship (Both patio/parking lot and drive-in seating available)
- 8:00 am Easter Online Worship (join us at live.songoflifeumc.org and invite your friends and family members to join us as well)
- 9:30 am Easter Sunday In-Person Outdoor Worship (Drive-in seating now available, or choose to be placed on the Waiting List for patio/parking lot seating)
- 10:30 am Easter Egg Hunt for the Kids! (We still have lots of room for the kids!!)
To make your reservations:
- If you have our Church Center App on your phone, simply open the App, tap on “More” at the bottom of the screen, then tap on “Events” and you’ll see the links to the three events that require a reservation; or
- Click on the appropriate link below for the event(s) for which you want to reserve space for yourself and your family. If you attend SoL on a regular basis, you should log into the system (or create a log-in ID if you have not already done so) and follow the prompts to make your reservation.
Here are the links for the three events:
- Easter Sunrise Service (6:00 am, In-Person, Outdoors)
- Easter Sunday Worship (9:30 am, In-Person, Outdoors)
- Easter Sunday Easter Egg Hunt (10:30 am)
Once you make your reservation, you will receive a confirmation email with additional information and what we require in order for you to attend in-person worship. Perhaps the most important thing you need to do is make sure you have read, signed, and returned your Return to In-Person Worship Covenant to the church office. Blank forms can be found on our website at songoflifeumc.org/covenant.
If you have any questions or need assistance with making your reservation, please contact us by email at . Please be sure to give us your phone number so we can contact you to assist you with your reservation.
We are very excited about these new developments and hope they mean more folks will feel comfortable attending worship with us on Easter Sunday!
Don’t forget to join us tonight, tomorrow night and Saturday night for our Holy Week services…