SoL’s End of Week Update
Good morning and happy Friday! Can you believe we’re into the month of May? Hopefully you all opened and read your May Newsletter. If you have anything you’d like us to add in June, please let Pastor Jody know in the coming weeks.
NEW: Check-In Assessment
This week I’d like to share something with you…something new that will help us know how you are doing and what we can do to support you during this time. It’s called a Congregants Assessment, and it includes a series of questions that you should be able to answer quite quickly. We will send these out periodically to get a sense of where we are as a congregation and what we can do to respond to your needs.
There are three ways you can take the assessment (and we hope all of you will take it between now and May 5 at 5pm:
- Click on this link to be taken directly to the assessment: SoL Assessment #1; OR
- Using your Smartphone, text VBLA to 90888 to start the assessment; OR
- Using the camera app on your phone, scan the QR code shown below:
Thank you for completing this assessment so we can better respond to YOUR needs and the needs of others during this unprecedented time.
Don’t Forget: Upcoming Groups Meeting Next Week:
Mark your calendars for these group meetings:
- Area 412 – tomorrow night at 6:30pm via Zoom. Contact Ms. Carrie if you need the login information
- Coping with Loss – Thursday, May 7 at 7pm via Zoom. Login information will be sent next week
- Men’s Breakfast Group – Saturday May 16 (corrected from last email) at 9am via Zoom. Login information will be sent the week before.
- Koinonia Study Group – meets every Sunday at 11am via Zoom. Contact Dean Wolfahrt for login information.
And Make Plans to Join These New Zoom Groups!
Last Sunday I asked folks to share with me some ideas for any new Zoom groups they might have, and as a result, we’ve got three that will begin meeting either this week or next:
- Pastor’s Study on Tuesdays at 3pm starting May 5. This group will discuss the previous Sunday’s sermon, or any other theological topics that folks would like to talk about.
- Kids Korner on Wednesdays at 3pm starting May 6. This group is for our youngest members so they can connect with each other (in lieu of Sunday School)
- Moms & Grandmoms Unite! on Fridays at 1pm starting May 8. This group is for moms and grandmoms…especially those who are caring for young children…although all moms and grandmoms are welcome!!
I’m sure many of you heard that our Governor extended the “stay at home” requirement until May 15, although he also indicated that, over the next couple of weeks, he plans to allow certain types of businesses (mostly retail) to resume operations. Our guidance from our Conference Office is that, before we can consider resuming in-person worship, our state must experience a minimum of 14 days of declining COVID-19 cases in a row. So far we have had none. Please be assured, however, we will be putting together a team of people to start planning what will need to happen in order for us to resume in-person worship at Song of Life. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me.
And Finally…Some Reminders for Sunday:
- Attendance Registration/Check-In: We hope you will try registering your attending using the Check-In Option on your Church Center App this Sunday!! Our Attendance Registration/Prayer Request Form will continue to be available and should be used if you have a prayer request to share.
- Parents with Children: earlier this week I sent an email asking you to help me with our Children’s Message by preparing a few items for the children. If you didn’t receive that email, please contact me either by phone/text at 480-766-9272 or by email at ASAP.
- Communion: This Sunday we will offer Holy Communion for those who wish to receive via Zoom. Please remember to have Communion Elements on hand: bread or crackers to represent the Body of Christ, and juice or another type of drinkable liquid to represent the Blood of Christ. We will receive communion after the worship service and the Zoom link will be sent when we send you the Digital Bulletin.
More Tomorrow…or Later Tonight!
Grace and Peace,