Are You Ready for Worship Tomorrow?
(Plus Ways You Can Help Those In Need)
Happy Saturday friends! We’re looking forward to worship tomorrow morning and hope you are as well! Here’s what you need to log in tomorrow morning:
This Week’s Announcements
I thought it might be helpful for you to have this week’s announcements in print, so here they are:
– Happy Easter!! Yes, we are in the Easter season, so it’s perfectly appropriate to wish each other a Happy Easter!!
– Welcome, especially first time guests
– Don’t forget to share the livestream! (See below)
– Don’t forget to register your attendance using our Online Form. If you’re not able to access the form, simply send an email to the church office at
– Food & Toy Drive to benefit clients of Jose’s Closet. Bring non-perishable food items and toys for kids of all ages to the church on Tuesdays between 10 & 11am. We will see they get to the Jose’s Closet Annex, which is located at the home of Wendy & Tonya Doty. (see below)
– New Sign: we expected the new sign to go up last week, but it didn’t. Keep watching though, and send pictures to me (Pastor Jody)
– New Sermon Series starting today: Bad Boys & Girls of the Bible. We’ll learn from the mistakes of some well-known (and not so well-known) characters from the Bible, male and female.
SoL Meet & Greet (aka “Fellowship time”) via Zoom
Our Sunday morning “Meet & Greet” will begin at 8:30 AM (log in after 8:15 AM). (connection details removed for security reasons – if you didn’t receive this information via email, please contact us)
Worship on Facebook Live or On-the-Web
Worship will come to you live from the Topping Living/Music Room!!! We will “go live” at about 9:15 AM, with worship starting at 9:30 AM.
To log-in via Facebook Live: Whether or not you have a Facebook account, you can join the livestream by going here: www.facebook.com/songoflifeumc/videos (Please leave us comments during worship, especially if there’s something we might be able to improve)
On-the-Web: If you don’t have a Facebook Account, you can join from the following link: https://song-of-life-umc.freeonlinechurch.com/live (You will not be able to message us or comment from this site.)
Share the Livestream…if you can
After you have successfully connected to Facebook Live, we encourage you to share it on your own FB page so your FB friends can worship along with you, OR “Share” it with your friends, especially those who don’t regularly attend SoL.
We appreciate that many of you have transitioned over to on-line giving!! If you need assistance setting up your online gifts (whether one-time or recurring), please let us know so we can help you. It’s easy!! It’s convenient!! Text2Give is also an option!! Refer to the instructions sent earlier this week by email.
On this week’s Digital Bulletin, you’ll find a summary of our giving for the first quarter of this year. While it appears to be a positive report, like many churches, we have experienced a decline in giving, which is not surprising given the fact that we are not meeting in person on Sunday mornings. We know that not everyone is able to give online, although it is the most convenient and most effective way we can give our financial gifts. But if online giving isn’t for you, please remember we are also receiving gifts made by cash or check. You’ll need to either mail your gifts to the church, or bring them in an envelope and drop them in the secure mailbox outside the office.
Looking for a way to give to those in need?
We have several ways you can give to those in need in our community:
1. Jose’s Closet Food & Toy Drive
Our own Wendy Esquibel, founder of Jose’s Closet, which is one of our mission partners located in Apache Junction, has temporarily moved the Closet to their home in San Tan Valley. As they work to serve their clients (parents and children in foster, kinship, and/or adoptive families in need), they are desperately in need of non-perishable food Items as well as toys for children. There are a couple ways you can help them out:
- You can give a monetary donation directly to Jose’s Closet through their website. Click here to be directed to their online giving page.
- Next time you go grocery shopping, buy a few extra food items and/or some small toys for children and bring them to the church on Tuesdays between 10 and 11 AM. Our Admin Assistant Robena will be at the church during that time to receive your donations. We will see that your donations are delivered to Jose’s Closet Annex in STV.
- If you are an Amazon Shopper, check out Wendy’s Amazon Wish List by following this link: Wendy’s Amazon Wish List
2. Give to Song of Life’s Pastors’ Discretionary Fund
This fund, which is usually replenished on the first Sunday of every month through our Communion Offering provides much needed funds to those in need. We are especially trying to help those in our congregation and our community who have been negatively affected by the pandemic, either because they have lost their jobs or are otherwise unable to make ends meet. To donate to this fund, click on the Give link on our website. Choose the fund called “Pastors Discretionary Fund.”
3. House of Refuge
As one of our mission partners, House of Refuge is always in need of monetary contributions. If you would like to give, please go to their website donations page by clicking here.
A new website called HELPR (Help Enable Local Pandemic Response) is a place where folks who are in need can share their needs, and those who can help can respond.
A Final Word…
I pray for each of you every day, and hope you are all doing well. If you have any needs, please communicate them to your Congregational Care Minister, or reach out to me by phone or by email. I’m looking forward to sharing our new Sermon Series with you. It’s called “Bad Boys & Girls of the Bible” and it promises to be entertaining as well as informative.
See you tomorrow morning!!
Grace and Peace,