Worship Info for Sunday 1/3/2021
You Won’t Want to Miss Our Special Guest!!
Happy New Year Everyone!!
This Sunday we have a special guest with us! Our own Michael Wilkerson, who is a candidate for ministry and a seminary student living in Chicago has not only provided us with some great recorded worship elements…he will also be joining us LIVE!! The application we use for worship has a function that allows us to “beam in” a live guest during the broadcast. We’ve never tried it before, and Mike has volunteered to be our test subject! So you’ll not only see him in a couple of pre-recorded videos, but you’ll also experience him live and in person (assuming all goes according to plan).
- We will “go live” at 9:15am with a brief welcome and some pre-service music and announcements. Our service will begin with a Prelude at 9:30 am.
Here’s what you need for Sunday morning:
Sunday Morning Meet & Greet
Do you miss seeing some of your church family members?? Why not join us for our Meet & Greet at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday morning?? This Zoom meeting is open to all. Here’s the log-in info:
We highly encourage you to join us for this Meet & Greet time before worship tomorrow morning!! The folks who have been attending have asked about some of you they would like to see but haven’t. What’s more, the Toppings also join in, so you can get a behind-the-scenes look at us as we finish preparations for worship! We’ll log in at 8:15, but the Meet and Greet won’t begin until 8:30 a.m. Please note: All of our Zoom meetings now require Passcodes, which are indicated with each meeting.
Here’s Your Bulletin for Sunday morning!
Here’s what you need to know to access worship tomorrow morning:
- Go to our website and click on the pink Worship Info button. You will be directed to a page where you’ll find some instructions and a purple Click Here for Online Worship button.
- When you see the “Play” Button in the middle of the screen (it may or may not be red), click on it to begin viewing the live stream. If it looks like you might be out of sync, look for the “Live” link near the bottom of the screen.
- From this page you’ll be able to access your Digital Bulletin, register your attendance, access the online Calendar, and go to our online Giving page. There’s also a separate Prayer Request button you can use to share a prayer request with us, AND there’s online chat!!
Children’s Church and Area 412
We also want to remind our families with younger children that we will have Children’s Church via Zoom right after worship. The Zoom log-in information is below. We don’t have any handouts this week for the kids, but Ms. Erika has a great lesson planned!
Ms. Erika will open up the Zoom meeting at 10:30 a.m. (or as close to that as we can).
Area 412 meets on Wednesday evenings. Contact Carrie Claypool for the link.
Please Register Your Attendance!
With this new online platform, registering your attendance is more important than ever before. So even if you don’t want us to know you are worshiping with us, please register anyway!! We need it so we can get an accurate count.
Registering your attendance is even easier than before!!
1. When you enter the new online worship platform you’ll see some links in the upper right hand corner. Click on the one called “Connection Card” and it will automatically bring up our Attendance Registration form. You can still use this form to share prayer requests with us as well.
2. If you have our SoL Church Center App on your phone, tap on the “Check In” at the bottom of the home screen and follow the prompts. (The App can be downloaded to your phone by going to the App Store or Google Play.) You can check-in yourself and your family members just like we’ve been doing for the last 9 months in person at SoL. The difference is…NO BARCODE TO SCAN!! Please remember: this option does not allow you to include any prayer requests.
Also, please remember, if you view the worship service after the fact (like on Sunday afternoon or during the week), please register your attendance by clicking on the “Connection Card” link.
Giving is easy with our new worship platform! To access our online giving page, simply click on “Give” in the upper right corner of the window.
Our financial gifts are an important way we demonstrate our gratitude to God for the many gifts God has given to us. At SoL, we receive financial gifts by cash, check, or by electronic means. We strongly encourage you to use our e-giving processes (accessible through the worship platform, our website, Church Center app, or by Text-to-Give), but we also recognize some prefer giving the old fashioned way! For more information on our e-giving processes, please go to our website at songoflifeumc.org/give. To give a cash or check donation during this time when we are not meeting for worship in person, you may mail or bring your financial gifts to the church at 20164 S. Sossaman Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142. Our office is only open upon request, so if we’re not there, please your gift in the secure mailbox next to the benches on the northeast side of the office building.
Koinonia/Bible Buddies Study Group
This combined study group meets at about 11 a.m. via Zoom. If you would like further information, please feel free to contact either Joe Hauer at or Dean Wolfahrt at . Please remember, this is an open group and all adults are invited to attend.
And finally…a couple of quick announcements:
- Pastor Jody is on vacation and will return on Sunday, January 10, 2021. Therefore, the Pastor’s Weekly Devotional, Pastor’s Study, and Coffee with the Pastor will not be held this week. For other groups, please refer to last week’s Zoom Groups List or contact the group leader.
- Pastor Jody is still looking for your theological, biblical, or denominational questions for her “Got Questions” sermon series that will begin on January 10. More info is included at the bottom of page 3 of your Digital Bulletin. To submit your questions, send her an email at or go to https://songoflifeumc.churchcenter.com/people/forms/192337