Worship and Group Meetings Info for 10/18/2020
Also a Reminder: Congregational Questionnaire
Good Saturday, friends!!
Thank you to those who sent cards, emails, and gifts to me in recognition of Pastor Appreciation Month. Each greeting was such a gift! It is such a privilege serving as your pastor, even in difficult times such as what we’ve been through together. I appreciate that you appreciate me…I think that makes us mutually appreciative!
Tomorrow morning we continue our sermon series called “Seven Habits of Highly Effective Christians.” In this series, we are exploring those characteristics – or habits – that make us highly effective as people of faith. Last week we looked at the habit of reading scripture every day. Tomorrow we will look at the habit of daily prayer.
Congregational Questionnaire: Thank you to those who have already completed our Congregational Questionnaire! So far we have received about 80 responses representing about 150 people. The information you have provided so far is so vital to our decisions related to future in-person worship, so we’re grateful for your responses.
We also want to remind those of you who have not completed the questionnaire that it’s not too late! We want to hear from EVERYBODY, whether you attend on a regular basis or only periodically, whether you’re a member of the church or a regular attender, whether your a local resident or a winter resident…we want to hear from you!
So please read through the email that was sent along with the link to the questionnaire which we’ve reproduced it here. Then click on this link to complete the questionnaire: Congregational Questionnaire. If you need the questionnaire sent to you by mail because you don’t have email or internet access, please call the office at 480-641-1200 and leave a message indicating you would like a paper copy.
We also want to remind our parents of teens that we’re asking for your input about the possibility of going on a mission trip in 2021. Please contact Carrie Claypool, our Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries if your teen is interested in participating.
Here’s what you need for Sunday morning:
- Here’s Your Digital Bulletin for Sunday morning!
- During tomorrow’s message, we’ll be talking about prayer and we’ll be asking you to answer some questions using the chat function in our Live Church application. Hopefully you’ve already used the chat…if you haven’t, please log in a little early – at 9:15 or so – and we’ll give a little tutorial on how to use the chat function.
- ICYMI (that’s In Case You Missed It), last Sunday we shared some One Year Bible Reading Plans. Here are the plans that were mentioned during the Message that you can download and use to read the entire Bible in a Year: OYB Reading Plan, OYB Reading Plan Large Print, 5 Day Bible Reading Program
We will open our live stream at about 9:15 and will begin with our announcements at 9:30 am. Remember, if you have technical issues with our new worship platform, send an email to and David T. will try to give you a hand.
Once again, we’ll begin with our welcome and announcements at 9:30 a.m., followed by the prelude. Here’s what you need to know to access worship tomorrow morning:
- Go to our website, songoflifeumc.org and click on the pink Worship Info button. You will be directed to a page where you’ll find some instructions and a purple Click Here for Online Worship button.
- When you see the “Play” Button in the middle of the screen (it may or may not be red), click on it to begin viewing the live stream. If it looks like you might be out of sync, look for the “Live” link near the bottom of the screen.
- From this page you’ll be able to access your Digital Bulletin, register your attendance, access the online Calendar, and go to our online Giving page. There’s also a separate Prayer Re
- quest button you can use to share a prayer request with us, AND there’s online chat!!
Children’s Church and Area 412
We also want to remind our families with younger children that we will have Children’s Church via Zoom right after worship. The Zoom log-in information is below. We don’t have any handouts this week for the kids, but Ms. Erika has a great lesson planned!
Area 412 meets on Wednesday evenings. Contact Carrie Claypool for the link.
Sunday Morning Meet & Greet
Do you miss seeing some of your church family members?? Why not join us for our Meet & Greet at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday morning?? This Zoom meeting is open to all. Here’s the log-in info:
SoL Meet & Greet via Zoom
We highly encourage you to join us for this Meet & Greet time before worship tomorrow morning!! The folks who have been attending have asked about some of you they would like to see but haven’t. What’s more, the Toppings also join in, so you can get a behind-the-scenes look at us as we finish preparations for worship! We’ll log in at 8:15, but the Meet and Greet won’t begin until 8:30 a.m. Please note: All of our Zoom meetings now require Passcodes, which are indicated with each meeting.
Please Register Your Attendance!
With this new online platform, registering your attendance is more important than ever before. So even if you don’t want us to know you are worshiping with us, please register anyway!! We need it so we can get an accurate count.
Registering your attendance is even easier than before!!
1. When you enter the new online worship platform you’ll see some links in the upper right hand corner. Click on the one called “Connection Card” and it will automatically bring up our Attendance Registration form. You can still use this form to share prayer requests with us as well.
2. If you have our SoL Church Center App on your phone, tap on the “Check In” at the bottom of the home screen and follow the prompts. (The App can be downloaded to your phone by going to the App Store or Google Play.) You can check-in yourself and your family members just like we’ve been doing for the last 9 months in person at SoL. The difference is…NO BARCODE TO SCAN!! Please remember: this option does not allow you to include any prayer requests.
Also, please remember, if you view the worship service after the fact (like on Sunday afternoon or during the week), please register your attendance by clicking on the “Connection Card” link.
Giving is easy with our new worship platform! To access our online giving page, simply click on “Give” in the upper right corner of the window.
Our financial gifts are an important way we demonstrate our gratitude to God for the many gifts God has given to us. At SoL, we receive financial gifts by cash, check, or by electronic means. We strongly encourage you to use our e-giving processes (accessible through the worship platform, our website, Church Center app, or by Text-to-Give), but we also recognize some prefer giving the old fashioned way! For more information on our e-giving processes, please go to our website at songoflifeumc.org/give. To give a cash or check donation during this time when we are not meeting for worship in person, you may mail or bring your financial gifts to the church at 20164 S. Sossaman Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142. Our office is only open upon request, so if we’re not there, please your gift in the secure mailbox next to the benches on the northeast side of the office building.
Koinonia/Bible Buddies Study Group
This combined study group meets at about 11 a.m. via Zoom. If you would like further information, please feel free to contact either Joe Hauer at or Dean Wolfahrt at . Please remember, this is an open group and all adults are invited to attend.
See you tomorrow morning!!
Grace and Peace,