Worship and Group Meetings Info for 10/4/2020
Also a Heads Up About Something Coming Soon
Good Evening, friends!!
Tomorrow morning we will finish our series called “A Beautiful Day” based on the recently released movie called “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.” This series has helped us with forgiveness, grace, and dealing with our feelings. Tomorrow we’ll wrap it up with a message on practicing our faith every day.
Tomorrow is also World Communion Sunday when Christians all over the world will celebrate and receive Communion on the same day. Please remember to have your Communion Elements (bread and juice) ready at the beginning of the service, as we will transition right into the Communion Liturgy after the Sermon.
(the October Newsletter was included in the original version of this email, but can’t be published on the website for security reasons)
Joy Circle Reboot: Last Thursday we tried holding our virtual Joy Circle, but we think it sneaked up on a lot of us as our attendance wasn’t quite the same as it has been. So we’re going to give it another try this Thursday at 9:00 AM via Zoom.
Coming Soon: We also want to give you a heads-up: in the very near future we will be sending out a questionnaire as we begin making decisions related to coming back together for in-person worship. We are considering options such as Drive-in and/or Outdoor Services on the patio, and your responses about this are critical to making those decisions. The questionnaire will be sent out via email (the same as this notification) and we need EVERYONE to respond, including our Winter Residents. Stay tuned…
Here’s what you need to know for Sunday:
Here’s Your Digital Bulletin for Sunday morning!
We will open our live stream at about 9:15 and will begin with our announcements at 9:25 am. Remember, if you have technical issues with our new worship platform, send an email to and David T. will try to give you a hand.
Once again, we’ll begin with our welcome and announcements at 9:25 a.m., followed by the prelude. Here’s what you need to know to access worship tomorrow morning:
- Go to our website and click on the pink Worship Info button. You will be directed to a page where you’ll find some instructions and a purple Click Here for Online Worship button.
- When you see the “Play” Button in the middle of the screen (it may or may not be red), click on it to begin viewing the live stream. If it looks like you might be out of sync, look for the “Live” link near the bottom of the screen.
- From this page you’ll be able to access your Digital Bulletin, register your attendance, access the online Calendar, and go to our online Giving page. There’s also a separate Prayer Request button you can use to share a prayer request with us, AND there’s online chat!!
Children’s Church and Area 412
We also want to remind our families with young children that we will have Children’s Church via Zoom right after worship. We don’t have any handouts this week for the kids, but Ms. Erika has a great lesson planned!
Ms. Erika will open up the Zoom meeting at 10:30 a.m. (or as close to that as we can).
Sunday Morning Meet & Greet
Do you miss seeing some of your church family members?? Why not join us for our Meet & Greet at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday morning?? This Zoom meeting is open to all. Here’s the log-in info:
SoL Meet & Greet via Zoom
We highly encourage you to join us for this Meet & Greet time before worship tomorrow morning!! The folks who have been attending have asked about some of you they would like to see but haven’t. What’s more, the Toppings also join in, so you can get a behind-the-scenes look at us as we finish preparations for worship! We’ll log in at 8:15, but the Meet and Greet won’t begin until 8:30 a.m.
Please Register Your Attendance!
With this new online platform, registering your attendance is more important than ever before. So even if you don’t want us to know you are worshiping with us, please register anyway!! We need it so we can get an accurate count.
Registering your attendance is even easier than before!!
1. When you enter the new online worship platform you’ll see some links in the upper right hand corner. Click on the one called “Connection Card” and it will automatically bring up our Attendance Registration form. You can still use this form to share prayer requests with us as well.
2. If you have our SoL Church Center App on your phone, tap on the “Check In” at the bottom of the home screen and follow the prompts. (The App can be downloaded to your phone by going to the App Store or Google Play.) You can check-in yourself and your family members just like we’ve been doing for the last 9 months in person at SoL. The difference is…NO BARCODE TO SCAN!! Please remember: this option does not allow you to include any prayer requests.
Also, please remember, if you view the worship service after the fact (like on Sunday afternoon or during the week), please register your attendance by clicking on the “Connection Card” link.
Giving is easy with our new worship platform! To access our online giving page, simply click on “Give” in the upper right corner of the window.
Our financial gifts are an important way we demonstrate our gratitude to God for the many gifts God has given to us. At SoL, we receive financial gifts by cash, check, or by electronic means. We strongly encourage you to use our e-giving processes (accessible through the worship platform, our website, Church Center app, or by Text-to-Give), but we also recognize some prefer giving the old fashioned way! For more information on our e-giving processes, please go to our website at songoflifeumc.org/give. To give a cash or check donation during this time when we are not meeting for worship in person, you may mail or bring your financial gifts to the church at 20164 S. Sossaman Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142. Our office is only open upon request, so if we’re not there, please your gift in the secure mailbox next to the benches on the northeast side of the office building.
Koinonia/Bible Buddies Study Group
This combined study group meets at about 11 a.m. via Zoom. If you would like further information, please feel free to contact either Joe Hauer at or Dean Wolfahrt at . Please remember, this is an open group and all adults are invited to attend.
See you tomorrow morning!!
Grace and Peace,