Celebration Sunday is Tomorrow!
We’re looking ahead to tomorrow morning with great anticipation and excitement! During worship we will announce our progress to date toward our Transforming our SoL campaign. We will also celebrate All Saints Day, and will receive Holy Communion…PLUS after worship we will share in a special ceremony that you won’t want to miss!!
We will hold one service at 10:00 am in the Sanctuary. See below for more information about registering your attendance so we know we have enough seating and food.
Here is the Bulletin for tomorrow: Celebration Sunday Bulletin
Here are a few tips that will help make it an absolutely awesome Celebration!
- Please remember: We will be holding one combined worship service at 10:00 am. We encourage you to arrive between 9:30 and 10:00 am if you are attending worship in-person. If you are joining us online, watch for us to go live at about 9:50 am. at: https://live.songoflifeumc.org/
- If you haven’t already let us know that you’re coming for in-person worship, click here: https://songoflifeumc.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/1056543 to do so. This will help us make sure we have enough seating and food.
- When you register, we will ask if you have a shade canopy (10×10 preferred) that we can set up outside to add more shade to our patio area. If you have one you can bring that morning, we ask that you not only let us know, but also plan to arrive a little early on Sunday morning so you can help us set it up. Please note: if it’s breezy on Sunday morning, please make sure you bring something to weight your canopy down.
- We also encourage you to bring some lawn or camping chairs to use outside after worship during lunch. If you don’t have any, don’t worry: we will have some chairs for you to use.
- Our children will be selling homemade Christmas Cards, the proceeds of which will be given as part of the their First Fruits Offering. We hope you will support their efforts by purchasing their card!
- Please note, we will be blocking off the southern section of the parking lot for our children’s activities. So when you arrive on Sunday morning, if you don’t require special needs parking, please park in the overflow parking area north and northwest of the church buildings.
- If you DO need to park closer to the building because of physical needs, we will set aside spaces in the front parking lot near the church office for you and your family to use for parking.
- During worship, we will announce and celebrate our commitments made thus far toward the Transforming our SoL campaign. We will also remember and honor the saints in our lives who have gone before us into glory. Pastor Jody will share a message called “Lived in Faith,” AND we will receive holy communion…so it’s going to be a jam-packed worship service! In addition, as we announced last week, we will also be making a very BIG announcement that you absolutely won’t want to miss! Then, after worship we will hold a special ceremony on the patio right before we serve our lunch.
- Our picnic-style lunch, consisting of individually wrapped sandwiches, chips, fruit cups, and desserts will be served from the classroom. You will be directed to enter from the west door, then exit through the east door after you have picked up your food. Seating for lunch will be both outdoors and in the worship space. If you need assistance during lunch, please let someone know and we’ll see that you receive the assistance you need.
- We will livestream this service using our usual link; however, if you are able to attend in-person, we highly encourage you to do so as this will be a very exciting Sunday in the life of our church.
Tomorrow is definitely going to be a glorious day! We look forward to seeing you either in-person or online!
God bless, Pastor Jody