Worship & Church Conference Info for Sunday 11/15
Good Saturday evening, friends!!
A few announcements before we move to our worship info…
Tomorrow’s worship will once again be broadcast “on location” at SoL…and we will have a special announcement about what the future holds for in-person worship.
If we have problems with our livestream, we will continue to record the service and will post it to our YouTube Channel no later than 2 pm tomorrow afternoon. We will also post updates to our Facebook Page and Group.
We also want to thank you in advance for your grace and patience as we make this transition. We will keep you informed as to our progress over the next few weeks, so stay tuned and keep us in your prayers!
Next…our Annual Church Conference is TOMORROW!! At 1:30 pm tomorrow afternoon we will meet via Zoom to do the Annual Business of the church, including approving the Leadership Slate and your Pastor’s Compensation for 2021. Here’s the Church Conference Booklet for you to download and/or print. The Zoom webinar information was sent via email and isn’t shown here for security reasons.
We are looking forward to having all of you join us tomorrow afternoon! Also, if you know someone who isn’t comfortable using Zoom, or who doesn’t have access to the internet, consider inviting them to join you in your home for the Conference…while maintaining social distancing, of course.
Here’s what you need for Sunday morning:
- Here’s Your Digital Bulletin for Sunday morning!
We will open our live stream at about 9:15 and will begin with our announcements at 9:30 am. Remember, if we experience technical issues, we will post this on Facebook – both on our SoL Page and Group.
Here’s what you need to know to access worship tomorrow morning:
- Go to our website and click on the pink Worship Info button. You will be directed to a page where you’ll find some instructions and a purple Click Here for Online Worship button.
- When you see the “Play” Button in the middle of the screen (it may or may not be red), click on it to begin viewing the live stream. If it looks like you might be out of sync, look for the “Live” link near the bottom of the screen.
- From this page you’ll be able to access your Digital Bulletin, register your attendance, access the online Calendar, and go to our online Giving page. There’s also a separate Prayer Request button you can use to share a prayer request with us, AND there’s online chat!!
Children’s Church and Area 412
We also want to remind our families with younger children that we will have Children’s Church via Zoom right after worship. The Zoom log-in information is below. We don’t have any handouts this week for the kids, but Ms. Erika has a great lesson planned!
Ms. Erika will open up the Zoom meeting at 10:30 a.m. (or as close to that as we can).
Area 412 meets on Wednesday evenings. Contact Carrie Claypool for the link.
Sunday Morning Meet & Greet
Do you miss seeing some of your church family members?? Why not join us for our Meet & Greet at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday morning?? This Zoom meeting is open to all. Here’s the log-in info:
SoL Meet & Greet via Zoom
We highly encourage you to join us for this Meet & Greet time before worship tomorrow morning!! The folks who have been attending have asked about some of you they would like to see but haven’t. What’s more, the Toppings also join in, so you can get a behind-the-scenes look at us as we finish preparations for worship! We’ll log in at 8:15, but the Meet and Greet won’t begin until 8:30 a.m. Please note: All of our Zoom meetings now require Passcodes, which are indicated with each meeting.
Please Register Your Attendance!
With this new online platform, registering your attendance is more important than ever before. So even if you don’t want us to know you are worshiping with us, please register anyway!! We need it so we can get an accurate count.
Registering your attendance is even easier than before!!
1. When you enter the new online worship platform you’ll see some links in the upper right hand corner. Click on the one called “Connection Card” and it will automatically bring up our Attendance Registration form. You can still use this form to share prayer requests with us as well.
2. If you have our SoL Church Center App on your phone, tap on the “Check In” at the bottom of the home screen and follow the prompts. (The App can be downloaded to your phone by going to the App Store or Google Play.) You can check-in yourself and your family members just like we’ve been doing for the last 9 months in person at SoL. The difference is…NO BARCODE TO SCAN!! Please remember: this option does not allow you to include any prayer requests.
Also, please remember, if you view the worship service after the fact (like on Sunday afternoon or during the week), please register your attendance by clicking on the “Connection Card” link.
Giving is easy with our new worship platform! To access our online giving page, simply click on “Give” in the upper right corner of the window.
Our financial gifts are an important way we demonstrate our gratitude to God for the many gifts God has given to us. At SoL, we receive financial gifts by cash, check, or by electronic means. We strongly encourage you to use our e-giving processes (accessible through the worship platform, our website, Church Center app, or by Text-to-Give), but we also recognize some prefer giving the old fashioned way! For more information on our e-giving processes, please go to our website at songoflifeumc.org/give. To give a cash or check donation during this time when we are not meeting for worship in person, you may mail or bring your financial gifts to the church at 20164 S. Sossaman Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142. Our office is only open upon request, so if we’re not there, please your gift in the secure mailbox next to the benches on the northeast side of the office building.
Koinonia/Bible Buddies Study Group
This combined study group meets at about 11 a.m. via Zoom. If you would like further information, please feel free to contact either Joe Hauer at or Dean Wolfahrt at . Please remember, this is an open group and all adults are invited to attend.
See you tomorrow morning…and tomorrow afternoon!!
Grace and Peace,