Christmas Eve Worship!!
5pm Praise and 7pm Traditional Worship Services
It’s finally here!!! Christmas Eve is tomorrow night, and we have planned two very special – and different – worship services for you this year. Who knew we wouldn’t be worshiping together in-person this year for Christmas…and yet, here we are. But even though we aren’t able to gather physically together, we can still gather as a virtual congregation…AND we can include those we love – our family and friends who live far away – by inviting them to join us for our online worship experiences!
The other thing that’s kind of cool – although not as cool as being together in our worship space – is that we’ve included some fun and interesting elements in our worship services that we wouldn’t be able to do in person. So this year is going to be unique in many different ways!
With that in mind, there are a couple of things we would like to suggest to make this Christmas Eve worship as meaningful as possible:
- We suggest you lower the lights in your personal worship space to replicate your experience at SoL. We also suggest you light a candle or two, or more (!) to add to the ambiance.
- If you have an Advent Wreath with candles, you might want to place it on a table in your worship space. While our Advent/Christ Candle readers are lighting the candles, you can light yours right along with them.
- Although a lot of our music this year is pre-recorded, we hope you will sing along as appropriate.
- During worship, please chat with each other by using the Chat Box in our live worship application. It’s so awesome to watch y’all interact with each other – and with us – during worship!
- Did I mention you should invite your friends and family to join you in worship? One easy way to do that is to simply forward this email to EVERYONE in your email contacts list, and they’ll have everything they need in order to log in and also print their Digital Bulletins for tomorrow night. Or, you can simply email, text, tweet, or post on Facebook the link to our worship platform, which is: live.songoflifeumc.org
- And finally, if you are not able to attend either of the worship services while they are being broadcast, keep in mind they will be recorded and posted to our YouTube Channel shortly after the live worship ends.
With all that in mind, here’s what you need to know for tomorrow night:
- We are offering two opportunities to worship on Christmas Eve: Our 5pm Praise Service includes lots of praise music and a young-people’s dramatization called “O Zoom All Ye Faithful.” You won’t want to miss it!! Our 7pm Traditional Service includes a lot of special music including two more handbell pieces and some very special duets.
- We will “go live” about 20 minutes before each service and will begin our Pre-Service Music and Announcements 15 minutes before each service. There will be no verbal announcements during the services, so we strongly encourage you to join us at 4:45pm and/or 6:45pm.
- As of this writing, I am planning on delivering two somewhat different messages that will be in line with our Advent Theme, “I’ll Be (Stuck at) Home For Christmas.”
- As usual, we don’t expect to have any issues with our internet hotspot. But if we do have any connectivity issues with our livestream, we will continue recording the services and will post them to our YouTube Channel as soon as possible. We will also post updates to our Facebook Page and Group.
Here are your Digital Bulletins for tomorrow night!
- Christmas Eve 5pm Praise Bulletin – this is a 4 page bulletin because of the extra song lyrics
- Christmas Eve 7pm Traditional Bulletin – this is a 2 page bulletin
Please note, both bulletins include information about our House of Refuge Adopt-A-House campaign and our Christmas/Christmas Eve Offering, including how to give directly to our mission partner to take advantage of AZ Tax Credits. Don’t forget: if you do give directly to either mission partner, let us know using the form notated on the bulletin.
We will join the worship services tomorrow night the same way we do on Sunday mornings:
- Go to our website and click on the pink Worship Info button. You will be directed to a page where you’ll find some instructions and a purple Click Here for Online Worship button.
- When you see the “Play” Button in the middle of the screen (it may or may not be red), click on it to begin viewing the live stream. If it looks like you might be out of sync, look for the “Live” link near the bottom of the screen.
- From this page you’ll be able to access your Digital Bulletin, register your attendance, access the online Calendar, and go to our online Giving page. There’s also a separate Prayer Request button you can use to share a prayer request with us, AND there’s online chat!!
Please Register Your Attendance!
With this online platform, registering your attendance is more important than ever before. So even if you don’t want us to know you are worshiping with us, please register anyway!! We need it so we can get an accurate count.
Registering your attendance is even easier than before!!
1. When you enter the new online worship platform you’ll see some links in the upper right hand corner. Click on the one called “Connection Card” and it will automatically bring up our Attendance Registration form. You can still use this form to share prayer requests with us as well.
2. If you have our SoL Church Center App on your phone, tap on the “Check In” at the bottom of the home screen and follow the prompts. (The App can be downloaded to your phone by going to the App Store or Google Play.) You can check-in yourself and your family members just like we’ve been doing for the last 9 months in person at SoL. The difference is…NO BARCODE TO SCAN!! Please remember: this option does not allow you to include any prayer requests.
Also, please remember, if you view the worship service after the fact (like on Sunday afternoon or during the week), please register your attendance by clicking on the “Connection Card” link.
Giving is easy with our new worship platform! To access our online giving page, simply click on “Give” in the upper right corner of the window.
Our financial gifts are an important way we demonstrate our gratitude to God for the many gifts God has given to us. At SoL, we receive financial gifts by cash, check, or by electronic means. We strongly encourage you to use our e-giving processes (accessible through the worship platform, our website, Church Center app, or by Text-to-Give), but we also recognize some prefer giving the old fashioned way! For more information on our e-giving processes, please go to our website at songoflifeumc.org/give. To give a cash or check donation during this time when we are not meeting for worship in person, you may mail or bring your financial gifts to the church at 20164 S. Sossaman Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142. Our office is only open upon request, so if we’re not there, please your gift in the secure mailbox next to the benches on the northeast side of the office building.
I know this year’s Christmas Eve worship isn’t going to be the same as it has been in the past, but we believe both of the services being offered this year will be very meaningful and will prepare you for a very happy Christmas Day. You’re entire worship team is looking forward to sharing this time with all of you…even though we aren’t physically able to be together this year. May your Christmas be especially merry this year, even in the face of the global pandemic.
Grace and Peace,