Tomorrow’s Worship Info (5/3/2020)
Good Saturday morning friends! Here’s what you need for tomorrow’s worship along with a couple of quick reminders. Let’s get the reminders out of the way first:
Reminder: Check-In Assessment
Thank you to those who have completed the assessment sent out last night. So far the responses have been so for us to know how you are doing and what we can do as well. If you haven’t completed the assessment (which shouldn’t take more than about 5-7 minutes to complete, if that), we urge you to do so ASAP. The survey will close at 5pm on Tuesday, 5/5. Here are the 3 different ways you can access the assessment:
- Click on this link to be taken directly to the assessment: SoL Assessment #1; OR
- Using your Smartphone, text VBLA to 90888 to start the assessment; OR
- Using the camera app on your phone, scan the QR code shown below:
Thank you for completing this assessment so we can better respond to YOUR needs and the needs of others during this unprecedented time.
Reminder: This Week’s Zoom Groups
We have a lot of new groups starting this week…too many to include in this email!! So we’ll send you the Zoom links for all of our groups in a separate email.
And now: Everything You Need For Sunday!
Here’s Your Digital Bulletin for tomorrow morning!
Please Register Your Attendance!
Starting tomorrow morning, we will have TWO WAYS to register your attendance:
1. Click here to access our SoL Online Attendance Registration & Prayer Request Form. Use this form to not only register your attendance (and the attendance of those worshiping with you), but to also share any prayer requests or other comments with your church.
2. If you have our SoL Church Center App on your phone, tap on the “Check In” at the bottom of the home screen and follow the prompts. (The App can be downloaded to your phone by going to the App Store or Google Play.) You can check-in yourself and your family members just like we’ve been doing for the last 9 months in person at SoL. The difference is…NO BARCODE TO SCAN!! Please remember: this option does not allow you to include any prayer requests. To share a prayer request, use option 1 above.
SoL Meet & Greet via Zoom (see email for info/links)
Online Worship Access
To log-in via Facebook Live: Whether you have a Facebook account or not, you can join the livestream by going to our SoL Facebook page, then clicking on “Videos” on the lefthand side. Here’s a link to our FB page: SoL Facebook Page Please leave comments for us and each other during worship! If there’s something we need to fix, text either David (480-766-9228) or Pastor Jody (480-766-9272).
On-the-Web: If you don’t have a Facebook Account, you can join from the following link: https://song-of-life-umc.freeonlinechurch.com/live (You will not be able to message us or comment from this site, but if you do have comments, please either text us at the numbers above, or email us at (please note: we probably won’t check these emails until after worship is over.)
Share the Livestream…if you can:
After you have successfully connected to Facebook Live, we encourage you to share it on your own FB page so your FB friends can worship along with you, OR “Share” it with your friends, especially those who don’t regularly attend SoL.
Parents with Children: What you’ll need for the Children’s Message
- For the first part of the children’s message, give each of your children something they like. It might be a piece of candy, or a small toy…just be sure you’re only giving them one thing.
- When I ask them if they will give the item back, don’t force them…let each child decide whether or not they want to give back the item they were given
- If your child(ren) gives back the first item, when I give the signal, give them something bigger or better. You could give them a small bag with several pieces of their favorite candies or other food items in it, or maybe an even bigger toy or stuffed animal…or maybe a certificate for a favorite activity you can do at home. Be creative!! (Be prepared: if your child(ren) opt not to give up their first item, once they discover they could have gotten more, they will probably be upset. Handle that in the best way you know how.)
We appreciate that many of you have transitioned to on-line giving!! If you need assistance setting up your online gifts (whether one-time or recurring), please let us know so we can help you. It’s easy!! It’s convenient!! Text2Give is also an option!! Refer to the instructions previously sent by email or contact Pastor Jody if you can’t find them.
We know not everyone is able to give online, although it is the most convenient and most effective way we can give our financial gifts. But if online giving isn’t for you, please remember we are also receiving gifts made by cash or check. You’ll need to either mail your gifts to the church, or bring them in an envelope and drop them in the secure mailbox outside the office.
Communion (including Zoom Link)
This Sunday after worship, we will offer Holy Communion for those who wish to receive via Zoom. Please remember to have Communion Elements on hand: bread or crackers to represent the Body of Christ, and juice or another type of drinkable liquid to represent the Blood of Christ. (see the email for Zoom info)
See you tomorrow morning!!
Grace and Peace,