Worship Info for Sunday 5/30/21
Guest Speaker Rev. Joshua Warner
Good Saturday Evening!
Tomorrow we are blessed to have a guest speaker, Rev. Joshua Warner. Joshua is a Deacon in our Conference and will share a very special message while Pastor Jody is finishing her vacation. We also recommend you take a look at the announcements on page 2 of the bulletins as we start adding more in-person small group and other opportunities.
Here are our worship bulletins for tomorrow morning as well as our online worship service link:
- 8:00 Classic with Communion Bulletin (In-Person Only)
- 9:30 Traditional Service Bulletin (Online & In-Person)
- 11:00 Praise Service Bulletin (Online &In-Person)
To log-in online, simply go to live.songoflifeumc.org. Our 9:30 service will “go live” around 9:15am, and our 11:00 service will “go live” around 10:45am.
In accordance with the CDC’s most recent guidance, and with the approval of our Leadership Board, our worship services tomorrow will look very different than before.
- Our Sanctuary is set up for about 70 people, including our worship team and volunteers. We are no longer requiring pre-registration for in-person worship, so if you would like to come to worship at the church, come on down!
- One thing you will notice is that your worship leaders, who are not only vaccinated but will be 12 feet away from the front row of the congregation, will not be wearing masks unless they are interacting with other members of the congregation. We believe, based upon information available to date, this is not only safe, but will make for a more enjoyable worship experience for all.
- We expect all who attend in-person worship to follow the CDC guidance regarding masks: those who are fully vaccinated may choose to wear a mask or not, while those who are NOT fully vaccinated will be expected to wear a mask. We will rely on the honor system and will not ask for proof of vaccination.
- We will continue to physically distance and ask everyone to be respectful of those who do not want to shake hands or hug.
- Because there are some who want to continue wearing masks in spite of being vaccinated we ask everyone to respect each other’s choices to mask or not.
- Since some who want to attend in-person worship may still be vulnerable, our services will be designated as follows:
- 8:00 am Classic with Communion – Masks Optional
- 9:30 am Traditional – Masks Recommended
- 11:00 am Praise – Masks Required
- Because congregational singing and speaking is safest when people are masked, and because members of the congregation will be seated fairly close together, we strongly urge those who want to sing or speak aloud during worship to do so while wearing a mask.
As we have noted before, we will continue offering online worship at 9:30am and 11:00 am as long as there appears to be a desire for us to do so.
For more information, especially regarding study groups and other meetings, please read the attached letter, which is linked here: New Guidelines for In-Person Activities at SoL
See you tomorrow morning, either online or in-person! Let’s give Joshua a warm SoL Welcome!!
Grace & Peace, Pastor Jody