So…God Won’t Give You More Than You Can Handle, Right?
Find Out Tomorrow Morning!!
Good Saturday Evening!
Tomorrow Pastor Jody will continue the “Half Truths” Sermon Series by looking at the expression “God Won’t Give You More Than You Can Handle.”
Here are our worship bulletins for tomorrow morning as well as our online worship service link:
- 8:00 Classic with Communion Bulletin (In-Person Only)
- 9:30 Traditional Service Bulletin (Online & In-Person)
- 11:00 Praise Service Bulletin (Online &In-Person)
If you’re worshiping with us online, go to live.songoflifeumc.org. Our 9:30 service will “go live” around 9:20am, and our 11:00 service will “go live” around 10:50am.
In accordance with the CDC’s most recent guidance, our in-person worship guidelines are as follows:
- Our Sanctuary is set up for about 70 people, including our worship team and volunteers. So far our attendance has been less than 35 per service, so if you’re interested in giving in-person worship a try but are concerned about being in a large crowd, don’t be! (And here’s another tip: the 8am service has lots and lots of space available!)
- We are no longer requiring pre-registration for in-person worship, so if you would like to come to worship at the church, come on down!
- One thing you will notice is that your worship leaders, who are not only vaccinated but will be 12 feet away from the front row of the congregation, will not be wearing masks unless they are interacting with other members of the congregation. We believe, based upon information available to date, this is not only safe, but will make for a more enjoyable worship experience for all.
- Those who attend in-person worship are asked to follow the CDC guidance regarding masks: those who are fully vaccinated may choose to wear a mask or not, while those who are NOT fully vaccinated should wear a mask and physically distance. We will rely on the honor system and will not ask for proof of vaccination.
- We will continue to physically distance and ask everyone to be respectful of those who do not want to shake hands or hug.
- Because there are some who want to continue wearing masks in spite of being vaccinated we ask everyone to respect each other’s choices to mask or not.
- Since some who want to attend in-person worship may still be vulnerable, our services will be designated as follows:
- 8:00 am Classic with Communion – Masks Optional
- 9:30 am Traditional – Masks Recommended
- 11:00 am Praise – Masks Required
- Because congregational singing and speaking is safest when people are masked, and because members of the congregation are seated fairly close together, we urge those who want to sing or speak aloud during worship to do so while wearing a mask.
As we have noted before, we will continue offering online worship at 9:30am and 11:00 am as long as there appears to be a desire for us to do so.
A Few Announcements:
- Koinonia Study Group is not meeting today. Next meeting is for Breakfast on 6/27. Watch for more information next Sunday.
- Bettye Overturf Memorial Gifts be made to the Song of Life Pastor’s Discretionary Fund, which provides financial assistance to those in need. The family is very grateful to those who attended Bettye’s Celebration of Life last Sunday and/or have made a contribution in her memory to the Pastor’s Discretionary Fund.
- Jose’s Closet is moving to a new location, however the move has been temporarily suspended due to some unforeseen circumstances. Watch for more information about ways you can help in the weeks ahead.
- Half Truths Study Group is meeting on Tuesday at 10am with both online and in-person participants at the same time!! To join us in-person, come to Song of Life UMC. We’ll meet in the youth room on the west end of the classroom building. For those who would like to join via Zoom, the link was in the original version of this email (contact Pastor Jody if you need it).
See you tomorrow morning, either online or in-person!
Grace & Peace, Pastor Jody