Worship Info for Sunday 6/6/21
Half Truths Sermon Series + Holy Communion
Good Saturday Evening!
Tomorrow Pastor Jody will begin a new Sermon Series called “Half Truths” during which we’ll take a look at some expressions that some folks think are in the Bible…but they’re really not. Tomorrow’s Half Truth: Everything Happens For A Reason. Please take a look at the announcements at the bottom of page 2 of the bulletin as there’s some important information there about opportunities for service as well as study.
Here are our worship bulletins for tomorrow morning as well as our online worship service link:
- 8:00 Classic with Communion Bulletin (In-Person Only)
- 9:30 Traditional Service Bulletin (Online & In-Person)
- 11:00 Praise Service Bulletin (Online &In-Person)
If you’re worshiping with us online, go to live.songoflifeumc.org. Our 9:30 service will “go live” around 9:20am, and our 11:00 service will “go live” around 10:50am.
In accordance with the CDC’s most recent guidance, our in-person worship guidelines are as follows:
- Our Sanctuary is set up for about 70 people, including our worship team and volunteers. We are no longer requiring pre-registration for in-person worship, so if you would like to come to worship at the church, come on down!
- One thing you will notice is that your worship leaders, who are not only vaccinated but will be 12 feet away from the front row of the congregation, will not be wearing masks unless they are interacting with other members of the congregation. We believe, based upon information available to date, this is not only safe, but will make for a more enjoyable worship experience for all.
- We expect all who attend in-person worship to follow the CDC guidance regarding masks: those who are fully vaccinated may choose to wear a mask or not, while those who are NOT fully vaccinated are expected to wear a mask. We will rely on the honor system and will not ask for proof of vaccination.
- We will continue to physically distance and ask everyone to be respectful of those who do not want to shake hands or hug.
- Because there are some who want to continue wearing masks in spite of being vaccinated we ask everyone to respect each other’s choices to mask or not.
- Since some who want to attend in-person worship may still be vulnerable, our services will be designated as follows:
- 8:00 am Classic with Communion – Masks Optional
- 9:30 am Traditional – Masks Recommended
- 11:00 am Praise – Masks Required
- Because congregational singing and speaking is safest when people are masked, and because members of the congregation will be seated fairly close together, we urge those who want to sing or speak aloud during worship to do so while wearing a mask.
As we have noted before, we will continue offering online worship at 9:30am and 11:00 am as long as there appears to be a desire for us to do so.
For more information, especially regarding study groups and other meetings, please read: New Guidelines for In-Person Activities at SoL
See you tomorrow morning, either online or in-person!
Grace & Peace, Pastor Jody