Good Saturday Evening!
Tomorrow Pastor Jody will continue our series called “Created to Be…” Today we consider how we are Created to Be Good Stewards of our World
Here are our worship bulletins for tomorrow morning as well as our online worship service link:
- 8:00 Classic with Communion Bulletin (In-Person Only)
- 9:30 Traditional Service Bulletin (Online & In-Person)
- 11:00 Praise Service Bulletin (Online &In-Person)
If you’re worshiping with us online, go to live.songoflifeumc.org. Our 9:30 service will “go live” around 9:20am, and our 11:00 service will “go live” around 10:50am.
In accordance with the CDC’s most recent guidance, our in-person worship guidelines are as follows:
- Our Sanctuary is set up for about 70 people, including our worship team and volunteers. So far our attendance has been less than 35 per service, so if you’re interested in giving in-person worship a try but are concerned about being in a large crowd, don’t be! (And here’s another tip: the 8am service has lots and lots of space available!)
- We are no longer requiring pre-registration for in-person worship, so if you would like to come to worship at the church, come on down!
- One thing you will notice is that your worship leaders, who are not only vaccinated but will be 12 feet away from the front row of the congregation, will not be wearing masks unless they are interacting with other members of the congregation. We believe, based upon information available to date, this is not only safe, but will make for a more enjoyable worship experience for all.
- Those who attend in-person worship are asked to follow the CDC guidance regarding masks: those who are fully vaccinated may choose to wear a mask or not, while those who are NOT fully vaccinated should wear a mask and physically distance. We will rely on the honor system and will not ask for proof of vaccination.
- We will continue to physically distance and ask everyone to be respectful of those who do not want to shake hands or hug.
- Because there are some who want to continue wearing masks in spite of being vaccinated we ask everyone to respect each other’s choices to mask or not.
- Since some who want to attend in-person worship may still be vulnerable, our services will be designated as follows:
- 8:00 am Classic with Communion – Masks Optional
- 9:30 am Traditional – Masks Recommended
- 11:00 am Praise – Masks Required
- Because congregational singing and speaking is safest when people are masked, and because members of the congregation are seated fairly close together, we suggest those who sing or speak aloud during worship either do so softly or wear a mask.
As we have noted before, we will continue offering online worship at 9:30am and 11:00 am as long as there appears to be a desire for us to do so.
A Few Announcements:
- JOIN US NEXT SUNDAY! July 25, after the Praise Service we will celebrate the ministry of long-time members Carrie & Sean Claypool and their family. Carrie & Sean are moving to North Carolina in August. Join us for this Open House Celebration from 12:30 – 2:00pm. Presentations at 1:00pm.
- Nametags – for those attending in-person worship, we are placing our nametags outside on the patio. Please take your nametag home with you and wear it when you come for worship at the church. We ask that folks NOT place their nametags on the magnetic boards at this time. If you need a nametag, a sheet of paper will be there so you can let us know.
- Koinonia Study Group will NOT meet this week.
- Our Self-Care Bible Study meets via Zoom on Fridays at 5:30pm. If you’d like to join, contact Pastor Jody by email at
See you tomorrow morning, either online or in-person!
Grace & Peace, Pastor Jody