Good Saturday Evening!
Tomorrow Pastor Jody will finish our series called “Created to Be…” We’ll be looking at what it means to be Good Stewards of our Church.
Here are our worship bulletins for tomorrow morning as well as our online worship service link:
- 8:00 Classic with Communion Bulletin (In-Person Only)
- 9:30 Traditional Service Bulletin (Online & In-Person)
- 11:00 Praise Service Bulletin (Online &In-Person)
If you’re worshiping with us online, go to live.songoflifeumc.org. Our 9:30 service will “go live” around 9:20am, and our 11:00 service will “go live” around 10:50am.
In accordance with the CDC’s most recent guidance, our in-person worship guidelines include:
- Pre-registration for in-person worship is no longer required, so if you would like to come to in-person worship, come on down! There’s plenty of room in all 3 services.
- While masks may be optional, recommended, or required for our congregation, our worship leaders, who are fully vaccinated and placed at least 12 feet from the front row, may not wear masks unless they are interacting to the congregation.
- Those who attend in-person worship are asked to follow the CDC guidance regarding masks.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you may choose to wear a mask or not.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you should wear a mask and physically distance from others.
- We are relying on the honor system and will not ask for proof of vaccination.
- We are continuing to respect those who want to physically distance and/or do not want to shake hands or hug, as well as those who choose to wear a mask.
- Since some who want to attend in-person worship may still be vulnerable, our services will be designated as follows:
- 8:00 am Classic with Communion – Masks Optional
- 9:30 am Traditional – Masks Recommended
- 11:00 am Praise – Masks Required
- Congregational singing and speaking is safest when people are masked. We therefore suggest those who want to sing or speak wear a mask during those activities.
As a reminder, these guidelines may change depending on our COVID-19 positivity rate, especially with the Delta Variant spreading so much. We will notify you of any changes well before the next affected worship service.
As we have noted before, we will continue offering online worship at 9:30am and 11:00 am as long as there appears to be a desire for us to do so.
A Few Announcements:
- JOIN US TODAY AFTER THE PRAISE SERVICE! We will celebrate the ministry of long-time members Carrie & Sean Claypool and their family. Carrie & Sean are moving to North Carolina in August. Join us for this Open House Celebration from about 12:15 – 2:00pm. Presentations at 1:00pm.
- JOIN US NEXT SUNDAY FOR AN ALL-CHURCH GATHERING! We will meet at about 12:30pm to share a light lunch and hear a report from our Campaign Strategist from Horizons Stewardship, Don Smith. We hope all of you will join us for this very important gathering.
- Nametags – for those attending in-person worship, we are placing our nametags outside on the patio. Please take your nametag home with you and wear it when you come for worship at the church. We ask that folks NOT place their nametags on the magnetic boards at this time. If you need a nametag, a sheet of paper will be there so you can let us know.
- The Adult Fellowship Group WILL meet for breakfast tomorrow morning at the Bumgarner home after the 9:30 service.
- Our Self-Care Bible Study meets via Zoom on Fridays at 5:30pm. If you’d like to join, contact Pastor Jody by email at
See you tomorrow morning, either online or in-person!
Grace & Peace, Pastor Jody