Worship and Groups for this Week, August Newsletter, and More
Good morning friends!!
This Sunday (tomorrow) we will begin a new Sermon Series called “Hope: Living With Confident Expectation. It is also Communion Sunday, so here are a few reminders about that:
- We hope all of you will participate in Holy Communion with us during the worship service. To do so, you’ll want to prepare ahead of time by having some type of bread or crackers to represent the Body of Christ, and some time of juice (grape juice is preferred) or water to represent the Blood of Christ. Have those ready at the beginning of the service, as we will move straight from our Message into our Communion Service.
- As a reminder, once the bread and the juice have been blessed, they must be consumed. Please don’t dispose of these elements by throwing them in the trash or pouring them down the drain. If you have any “leftovers” enjoy them as part of your Sunday meal or make sure you only include as much as you and your family can consume during the communion service.
- As another reminder, when we were meeting in person, Communion Sunday was the time when we contributed to our Communion Offering, 100% of which is used to help those in our congregation and in our community in need. We have received a number of requests from folks who are struggling as a result of the pandemic because they have either lost their jobs or their incomes have been drastically reduced. So we strongly encourage you to consider contributing to this offering, either by mailing your contribution (designated as “Communion Offering”) to the church, or by contributing online using one of our electronic giving processes. You can either give electronically using our Church Center app on your phone, or by going to our website at songoflifeumc.org/give.
I also want to remind our families with young children…we will have Children’s Church via Zoom right after worship. The Zoom log-in information is below and is also included in the attachment called “This Week’s Group Meetings.” Here is the handout for this week’s lesson: HOPE for Kids, Week 1
Do you miss seeing some of your church family members?? Why not join us for our Meet & Greet at 8:30 am tomorrow morning?? This Zoom meeting is open to all. See below for login information.
Here’s what you need for Sunday. Our worship service will begin with our Prelude at 9:25 AM and will be broadcast over Facebook Live and also through our weblink. See below for the different ways to join.
Here’s Your Digital Bulletin for Sunday morning! Please note: it’s 3 pages this time because of the Communion Liturgy.
Please Register Your Attendance!
Remember, we have TWO WAYS to let us know you are in worship:
1. Click here to access our SoL Online Attendance Registration & Prayer Request Form. Use this form to not only register your attendance (and the attendance of those worshiping with you), but to also share any prayer requests or other comments with your church.
2. If you have our SoL Church Center App on your phone, tap on the “Check In” at the bottom of the home screen and follow the prompts. (The App can be downloaded to your phone by going to the App Store or Google Play.) You can check-in yourself and your family members just like we’ve been doing for the last 9 months in person at SoL. The difference is…NO BARCODE TO SCAN!! Please remember: this option does not allow you to include any prayer requests. To share a prayer request, use option 1 above.
Also, please remember, if you view the worship service after the fact (like on Sunday afternoon or during the week), please complete the SoL Online Attendance Registration form. You won’t be able to use the app as described in #2 above, but we do want to know if you attended, even if it wasn’t on Sunday morning.
SoL Meet & Greet via Zoom
We highly encourage you to join us for this Meet & Greet time before worship tomorrow morning!! The folks who have been attending have asked about some of you they would like to see but haven’t. What’s more, the Toppings also join in, so you can get a behind-the-scenes look at us as we finish preparations for worship! We’ll log in at about 8:15, but the Meet and Greet won’t begin until 8:30 AM. Please note: All of our Zoom meetings now require Passcodes, which are indicated with each meeting. (see email for Zoom meeting links)
Online Worship Access
To log-in via Facebook Live: Whether you have a Facebook account or not, you can join the livestream by going to our SoL Facebook page, then clicking on “Videos” on the lefthand side. Here’s a link to our FB page: SoL Facebook Page Please leave comments for us and each other during worship! If there’s something we need to fix, text either David (480-766-9228) or Pastor Jody (480-766-9272).
On-the-Web: If you don’t have a Facebook Account, you can join from the following link: https://song-of-life-umc.freeonlinechurch.com/live (You will not be able to message us or comment from this site, but if you do have comments, please either text us at the numbers above, or email us at (please note: we probably won’t check these emails until after worship is over.)
Share the Facebook Livestream…
After you have successfully connected to Facebook Live, we encourage you to share it on your own FB page so your FB friends can worship along with you, OR “Share” it with your friends, especially those who don’t regularly attend SoL. This is a great way to invite new people who may become new members, so do your part: invite others to join us for worship!!
Our financial gifts are an important way we demonstrate our gratitude to God for the many gifts God has given to us. At SoL, we receive financial gifts by cash, check, or by electronic means. We strongly encourage you to use our electronic giving processes (accessible through our website, Church Center app, or by Text2Give), but we also recognize some prefer to give via cash or check. For more information on our e-giving processes, please go to our website at songoflifeumc.org/give. To give via cash or check during this time when we are not meeting for worship in person, you may bring or mail your financial gifts to the church at 20164 S. Sossaman Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142. If you bring your gift at a time the office is not occupied, please leave it in the secure mailbox, which is near the office, next to the area with the 4 benches.
Koinonia/Bible Buddies Study Group
This combined study group meets at about 11 AM via Zoom. If you would like further information about Koinonia Zoom Study Group please feel free to contact either Joe Hauer at or Dean Wolfahrt at . Please remember, this is an open group and all adults are invited to attend. (see email for Zoom meeting links)
We will open up the Zoom meeting at 10:30 am (or as close to that as we can). Ms. Erika will lead the lesson and has provided the lesson and handout, both of which are included by clicking here. (see email for Zoom meeting links)
Area 412 Handouts
This Wednesday Ms. Carrie will begin a new lesson series that will correspond with our Sermon Series. The handouts for this week are here: HOPE Week 1 Student Discussion Guide and HOPE Week 1 Family Discussion Guide
See you tomorrow morning!!
Grace and Peace,