Worship and Group Meetings Info for 9/27/2020
Good Sunday Evening, friends!!
Tomorrow morning we will continue our series called “A Beautiful Day” based on the recently released movie called “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.” If you still haven’t seen the movie, it’s not too late! If you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can sign up for a free week of STARZ, during which you can watch the movie for FREE…just remember to unsubscribe from STARZ once you are done…
We are continuing to add folks to our HOPE group, which will be sending cards to church members and possibly others in the community. If you would like to join, send us an email at and we’ll pass your information on to the Marlene Badgerow, who is leading that group.
We are also continuing our Grateful Study on Tuesdays at 3 p.m. Anyone is welcome to join the group. Those who weren’t able to attend last week, the recording of the meeting will be posted tomorrow afternoon. If you’re interested in joining this group, send an email to so we can send you the links to the videos.
For those of you who joined us this morning as we celebrated the life of Robert Hodsden…
we thank you for your patience as we struggled with technological issues. Click here for the recording of the service (it’s much better than the original live stream, but not perfect). We also want to remind you that Dee Hodsden welcomes your phone calls and cards, and is very grateful to those who have already called or written notes to her.
As a reminder, if you would like to give a Memorial Gift in memory of Bob, the family has asked those gifts be given to Song of Life UMC. We have created a special fund to receive these gifts, which will be used to help develop a new prayer garden designed by our own Tonya Doty. We are grateful to Tonya and her vision of having a beautiful space on our church grounds where folks can sit and meditate lift up their prayers to God, and we are also grateful to the Hodsden family for partnering with Tonya to create this beautiful space.
Here’s what you need to know for Sunday:
We will begin our live stream at about 9:15 and will share tips about using the online worship platform and informally welcome you. Remember, if you have technical issues with our new worship platform, send an email to and David T. will try to give you a hand.
We’ll begin with our welcome and announcements at 9:30 a.m., followed by the prelude. Here’s what you need to know to access worship tomorrow morning:
- Go to our website and click on the pink Worship Info button. You will be directed to a page where you’ll find some instructions and a purple Click Here for Online Worship button.
- When you see the “Play” Button in the middle of the screen (it may or may not be red), click on it to begin viewing the live stream. If it looks like you might be out of sync, look for the “Live” link near the bottom of the screen.
- From this page you’ll be able to access your Digital Bulletin, register your attendance, access the online Calendar, and go to our online Giving page. There’s also a separate Prayer Request button you can use to share a prayer request with us, AND there’s online chat!!
Here’s Your Digital Bulletin for Sunday morning!
Children’s Church and Area 412
I also want to remind our families with young children that we will have Children’s Church via Zoom right after worship. The Zoom log-in information is below. We don’t have any handouts this week for the kids, but Ms. Erika has a great lesson planned!
We will open up the Zoom meeting at 10:30 a.m. (or as close to that as we can).
Meet & Greet
Do you miss seeing some of your church family members?? Why not join us for our Meet & Greet at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday morning?? This Zoom meeting is open to all.
Please Register Your Attendance!
With this new online platform, registering your attendance is more important than ever before. So even if you don’t want us to know you are worshiping with us, please register anyway!! We need it so we can get an accurate count.
Registering your attendance is even easier than before!!
1. When you enter the new online worship platform you’ll see some links in the upper right hand corner. Click on the one called “Connection Card” and it will automatically bring up our Attendance Registration form. You can still use this form to share prayer requests with us as well.
2. If you have our SoL Church Center App on your phone, tap on the “Check In” at the bottom of the home screen and follow the prompts. (The App can be downloaded to your phone by going to the App Store or Google Play.) You can check-in yourself and your family members just like we’ve been doing for the last 9 months in person at SoL. The difference is…NO BARCODE TO SCAN!! Please remember: this option does not allow you to include any prayer requests.
Also, please remember, if you view the worship service after the fact (like on Sunday afternoon or during the week), please register your attendance by clicking on the “Connection Card” link.
Giving is easy with our new worship platform! To access our online giving page, simply click on “Give” in the upper right corner of the window.
Our financial gifts are an important way we demonstrate our gratitude to God for the many gifts God has given to us. At SoL, we receive financial gifts by cash, check, or by electronic means. We strongly encourage you to use our e-giving processes (accessible through the worship platform, our website, Church Center app, or by Text-to-Give), but we also recognize some prefer giving the old fashioned way! For more information on our e-giving processes, please go to our website at songoflifeumc.org/give. To give a cash or check donation during this time when we are not meeting for worship in person, you may mail or bring your financial gifts to the church at 20164 S. Sossaman Rd, Queen Creek, AZ 85142. Our office is only open upon request, so if we’re not there, please your gift in the secure mailbox next to the benches on the northeast side of the office building.
Koinonia/Bible Buddies Study Group
This combined study group meets at about 11 a.m. via Zoom. If you would like further information, please feel free to contact either Joe Hauer at or Dean Wolfahrt at . Please remember, this is an open group and all adults are invited to attend.
See you tomorrow morning!!
Grace and Peace,